Facebook has long been the constant when it comes to digital advertising, but we all remember the controversial Facebook hearings and the great FB outage of October when consumers just moved right on over to Twitter. Networks are unpredictable, and if your brand is only on one network, there’s a chance you could be left in the dust.

Just ask Snapchat when Kylie Jenner single-handedly downed their stock by 7% and cleared out $1.3 billion of market value all with a tweet that she just “didn’t open [the app] anymore.”¹

Here are three networks to help you diversify:


While you might think TikTok is only for GenZ and dance videos, you’d be surprised to find that all age ranges do exist on the platform. 41% of users are between the ages of 16 and 24, leaving that outer 59% to Millennials, GenX, and even Baby Boomers.²

As one of the few social media platforms to have over two billion downloads as of August 2020, it was also the most downloaded app of the year.³ Users aren’t just watching videos either – TikTok has an engagement rate of 17.99%, and 70% of users say they will use TikTok this year for holiday shopping inspiration. With over one billion users and each one spending on average 52 minutes a day on the app, TikTok should be a priority network for your brand.³


The neighborhood network is real. By targeting through location, demographic segmentation, and interests, you can reach your consumers where they are.

Nextdoor has incredible statistics: almost 1 in 3 households use Nextdoor, 53 million recommendations have been given by neighbors on Nextdoor, and 67% of members share recommendations with their neighbors.⁴ If you can get one neighbor talking about your brand, chances are you can get the whole neighborhood to chime in.


Google may be the top dog when it comes to searches, but Yahoo Search alone receives over 117 million searches per month. Yahoo also gives you access to a huge selection of ad formats: search ads, display ads, sponsored ads, and even Yahoo mail ads.⁵

Their Yahoo ad tech lets you engage with audiences at any stage in their digital journey by using innovative diverse data and targeting mix.

More networks in your marketing mix means more stability. Through GeistM’s Blackfire technology and extensive network of owned and operated publishers, we can overhaul your content strategy to not only find, but directly reach your audience across any and all networks.